Sunday 1 April 2012

The Four F's On My Magaizne

Looking back at my previous posts, I realised I had done many media terminology and theories posts, but not really explained how I took these on board when producing my own music magazine.

Therefore, I thought it would be a good idea to look back at previous media terminology posts, such as The Four F's.

Function: This is what the magazine objectives are and for my magazine I believe the main purpose for my magazine is not only to entertain the reader and up to date them with the latest acoustic music, but to provide them with performing tips and helpful advice to help the aspiring acoustic artists, on their way to achieving their dreams. My magazine, also include, interviews for existing acoustic artists and a new star to show them that they too can do it, if they put their mind to it and if they don;t know where to begin, this magazine could give them a help start on the right direction.

Formula: This is what is included in the magazine and in my publication there are 36 pages. Throughout the magazine ages, I kept continuity with the same old paper style within each page, as well as using the same fonts "Bell MT" for the serif  font gives an "acoustic edge" that I used many for the context of contents page, my banners on my front cover and the "exclusive" on the double page spread. I ensured that my sell lines where similar to typical acoustic magazines, as the majority of people read them magazine so far, due to the fact there are not many existing products out there. Therefore, including performance tips sections, advice, interviews and reviews, all link to the stereotypical sell lines of an acoustic magazine, but appealing to more of a younger generation. I ensured that the mise en scene included in my photos were all natural looking, as this is what you would stereotypically find in acoustic music videos and acoustic artists photoshoots.

Frame: This is the guttering and margins for printing. Due to the fact that I used Desktop Publisher for creating my magazine, it has a template of an A4 piece of paper, so when it comes to printing it will fit an A4 piece of paper, which is about 210mm by 297mm.

Format: As I have mentioned throughout my posts and in the "formula section" I believe that continuity is key, especially in new issues of a magazine, so the audience know what to expect to look out for in the next issues. The main feature I kept the same was the old style paper, as I felt that the less is more effect is represent by this genre. As you expect acoustic songs to just had the artists voice and guitar, there aren't many instruments involved, so you could say this was rather simple music, however, it leaves a lastly impression on the listening to it is therefore effective.

Conclusion:
Overall, I would say that I took the Four F's into consideration, without probably even realising have the time, as I have kept to the typical conventions that would feature in music magazines in general, as well as existing acoustic ones too.


No comments:

Post a Comment